Hello! My name is Christy Saute, and I am the Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) President this year at Heart of the Valley Christian School (HVCS). I have three children enrolled at the school, a son in 5th grade, a daughter in 4th grade, and another daughter in 2nd grade. This is our third year at HVCS, and we love our school!
We came to HVCS from another small Christian school that closed due to low enrollment, and with many other Christian schools closing in the Valley, making HVCS a success is a high priority to me and my family. I have lots of ideas for easy and fun fundraising–from signing up to earn money from things we already do, to dining out for restaurant nights, to sales fundraisers, and everything else in between. Our first fundraiser is currently going on now. It is a catalog with gifts, home decor, jewelry, gift wrap, and magazines. “Believe Kids” is the catalog, and you can view it online at www.shopbelieve.com, or pick up a catalog at the school office. We are taking orders until October 9, and we earn 40% of all sales.
Our first restaurant fundraiser was Wednesday, September 26th, at California Pizza Kitchen in the Northridge Fashion Center. We received 20% of all sales from all participants, $350.50 – a BIG thank you to all who participated. I am planning one restaurant fundraiser a month, so be watching for more information and flyers!
We are also collecting Box Tops for Education. Box Tops are found on many food and home products from Betty Crocker, General Mills, etc. All you need to do is cut them, save them, and turn them in to the church or school office (or turn them into the Guest Table in the West Wing on Sundays). Each Box Top is 10 cents, and they add up quickly when many people collect them! In one week, the kids at the school brought in over $30 worth, and that wasn’t even full participation!
Lastly, we are enrolled in the “Fresh and Easy” Shop for Schools program. Fresh and Easy markets give our school $1.00 for every $20 increment on receipts collected between September 12 and December 31, 2012. The nearest Fresh and Easy market is at the corner of Tampa and Nordhoff. If you shop there, please be collecting your receipts for the school — tell friends and family, too!. Those dollars can add up quickly! There is a drop box in the school office and the church office (as well as the Guest Table) for receipt collection.
We have a strong parent force this year, I feel strongly that with prayer and participation in our fundraiser from everyone, we can continue the quality Christian education that HVCS provides. Thank you to all for your continued support. God Bless You!
P.S. Here are a few other ways you can support HVCS – most as easy as just signing up to participate in the program:
You’re encouraged to register your credit, debit and grocery cards with the eScrip program. Upon receipt of registration, a percentage of all purchases made at eScrip merchants will be given to HVCS, at no cost to you.
1. Go to the website www.eScrip.com ; 2. click on the “About the Program” tab 3. Click on “Sign Up Now” 4. Designate HVCS to receive contributions 5. HVCS Group ID: 137121306
Register your grocery club card, debit cards, and credit cards
(Take Charge of Education) You can designate HVCS to receive a percentage of everything that you spend when using your Target credit card, at no cost to you.
1. Stop by the kiosk in your favorite Target store or 2. Call 1-800-316-6142 or 3. Go to the website www.Target.com or A. Under “Company Information”, click on “Take Charge of Education” B. Under “Check Your School’s Progress”, enter Target School ID: 4076 C. 3. Click on “Enroll Now” and follow the instructions
(Community Contribution Program) Your grocery shopping can earn money for HVCS, without costing you a cent!
1. Go to the website www.RALPHS.com 2. Click on “Community Contribution” under the “Services” tab 3. Click on “Enroll” 4. Follow the easy steps to enroll 5. NPO Number: 80696
ALBERTSONS (Community Partners)
1. Go to the website www.albertsonscp.com and follow the directions.
If you do not know your Preferred Savings Card Number, please call: (877) 932-7948. Our organization ID# is: 49000109661 (listed under “Reseda Baptist School”) You must re-link, each school year, at the website above in order to keep earning funds for our Organization.
2. Please pass this notice around to your friends, relatives, co-workers and neighbors so they can link their cards as well.
3. If you do not have a Preferred Savings card, you can get one at any Albertsons or online at Albertsons.com . 4. Every time you shop at Albertsons and scan your linked Preferred savings card, we will earn back up to 4% of your shopping dollars!
SCHOOL MALL PROGRAM (Online Shopping Program)
1. Go to the website www.schoolmall.com 2. 1st Time users: at the top click on “Select School Now”. Follow the instructions for “New Users” 3. Register by filling in your information, and then click the “Get Started Now” button 4. Choose any of the hundreds of stores listed, and shop, shop, shop! HVCS will receive a percentage from each order.
BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION & CAMPBELL’S SOUP LABELS
Collect the box tops from General Mills products and the soup labels fromCampbell’s soups — bring them in to the school office. Our school earns a percentage for each box top and label that we collect.
Chase (WaMoola for Schools)
If you are a Chase customer, you can designate our school to earn points every time you swipe your debit card, at no cost to you.
1. Go to the website www.wamoolaforschool.com ; click on “Enroll in WaMoola” and follow the directions 2. If you prefer, you can stop by a Chase Branch to enroll.